Marketing Account Manager
The Marketing Account Manager will participate in various stages of marketing campaigns for our clients, as well as our own corporate marketing and sales enablement efforts. This position will be responsible for delivering the more strategic aspects of a client’s marketing program, such as Marketing Strategies and Plans, Audience Analysis, Brand Positioning/Messaging, Content Strategy, Social Media Auditing and Strategy, and other such strategic elements identified during the new business capture process. This position interfaces with various departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with other Marketing Staff to address client and marketing-related issues, the Creative Director concerning creative issues, the Project Managers concerning print projects, and additional production and traffic managers concerning scheduling and timing. This position requires the ability to both work independently at times, as well as within a team environment.
The Marketing Account Manager has input in developing strategic marketing plans for our clients and after plans are developed and presented to clients, this position is responsible for executing said plans.
The Marketing Account Manager is responsible for helping identify business opportunities within existing client accounts and will be called upon to supporting the business development and proposal effort.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients, and corporate marketing and sales enablement efforts for MOSAIC
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ marketing projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant departments
- Leads in preparing marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations efforts
- Supports proposal development efforts and looks for growth opportunities in existing accounts
- Helps ensure clients’ marketing projects are on time, on budget, and on brand
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails
- Executes responsibilities with minimal direction from the Marketing Manager
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval
- Informs the Marketing Manager regularly of account progress for all assigned projects (including MOSAIC); involves the Marketing Manager on an ongoing basis to avoid potential problems (i.e. client relations, budget overruns, delayed timelines, etc.)
- Coordinates project timing and budget as appropriate
- Assists in mentoring other team members as requested to assist in their professional growth
- May lead and/or deliver one or more key special projects at the behest of the Marketing VP
- Represents MOSAIC at industry and community functions on an ongoing basis
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- At least eight years of marketing or strategic communications experience (agency experience a plus)
- Experience creating and posting content for social networking sites, particularly Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Ability to strategize and develop campaigns and translate verbal discussions into full proposals and/or presentations
- Strong customer service, team work, and communications skills, including honed writing skills are required
- Self-motivation and strong initiative to learn continually
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity and decision making abilities
- Strong work ethic, great attitude and a commitment to being your best
- Microsoft Word and Excel with knowledge of mail merge required
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities to fruition
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally to achieve desired results
- Team player who fosters a culture of “we” versus “me”
- Reliable and motivated to perform the job accurately and in a timely fashion
Please fax resume to Human Resources at 301-583-8379, or send e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your salary requirements and/or salary history when applying for the position.