Creative Designer Intern
The Creative Designer Intern will help the creative team respond to clients’ needs for design to enhance print and digital communications. This position must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work within a team atmosphere and have a penchant for learning. They must work quickly and consistently while displaying professionalism.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate a Mac workstation equipped with Adobe Creative Cloud to prepare project files.
- Work under creative team supervision to produce magazine layouts, posters, direct mail, business cards, signage, and various branding materials.
- Visually enhance and improve existing print and digital communication materials.
- Review and interpret project needs and instructions, asking questions to ensure understanding, and offering creative suggestions when appropriate.
- Respond to the creative services team to ensure the needs of the department are being met.
- Prepare files for production and store accurately according to our file management system.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Follow written and oral instructions accurately.
- Accurately record time and materials in current production software (Pace).
- Junior or Senior college experience in addition to real world experience through volunteer work, freelance or a design position.
- Experience working with large documents, magazine layout, branding collateral.
- Proficiency with the following software Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat).
- WordPress, HTML, and CSS working knowledge.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Powerpoint.
- Pursuing Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Arts.
- Experience with file management.
- Strong customer service, team work, and communications skills.
- Ability to visualize finished pages and translate furnished material into attractive copy.
- Self-motivation and strong initiative to learn continually.
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity and decision making abilities.
- Great work ethic, great attitude, and a commitment to being the best.
Location: Cheverly, MD
Apply: Please fax resume to Human Resources at 301-583-8379, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary requirements and/or salary history when applying for the position.